Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year. There’s carol concerts, pantomimes, catching up with friends and of course shopping. Whether it’s picking up the turkey or choosing presents for the kids, make sure parking is the one thing you don’t have to worry about.
Our tips and advice below will help take some of the stress out of Christmas this year and help you to enjoy the festive period.
We’re here to help this Christmas
In our car parks
We’ll be increasing the number of staff in the run up to Christmas as we want your Christmas parking to be as smooth as possible. We’ll be there to help from the moment you arrive greeting you with a warm smile during the cold season.
If you encounter a problem at the ticket barriers or pay machines press for assistance and one of our customer contact team will be able to help.
Most of our car parks are open 24/7 so you don’t need to worry about cutting your trip short. However it’s best to check the opening times of your car park to make sure.
Need more help?
Popular questions and topics appear on our help centre page which can be found here.
Reserve your space
Theatre performances, Winter Wonderland's, arena's and shopping centres are all very busy during Christmas. Make sure you’ve done your research on the car parks in the area you’re visitng. Be prepared and Pre-book at your chosen car park to guarantee your space. Christmas is our busiest time of the year so plan some extra time and get there earlier so you’re not late for your events.
Know where you’re going
If you’re visiting our car park for the first time or travelling further afield, make sure you’re prepared. Check the post code and use our car park finder to find the car parks in the area you’re going to. Get directions to your chosen car park ready before setting off so you can have a smooth journey.
Have a backup plan
Not everything goes to plan, so when you do have a change of plan or destination make sure you have a backup car park. Luckily, we have many car parks located very conveniently near main shopping areas and Christmas markets. Look here to find a suitable alternative or use our app.
Skip the pay machine queues
There are a number of ways you can skip the queues, you just need to know how:
- NCP ParkPass: If you find yourself parking often, especially during the Christmas period you’ll benefit from our NCP ParkPass. It’s a more convenient way to pay for your parking saving you more time for shopping. Find out more.
- Pay at the barriers: Remember you can pay on exit if you’re paying by card. It’s simple, just drive to the exit barrier as you normally do, insert your ticket then insert your payment card. This is only available at car parks with barriers.
- Pay by mobile: Some of our sites also provide a pay by mobile service, making your parking easier. It’s cashless and automatic so no need to have cash ready for the machine. You can also extend your parking sessions from your mobile without returning to the pay machine. So relax and take time to enjoy a longer catch up with your friends or more time shopping. Our guide on using mobile to pay for parking.
If you're unsure what methods you can use at your car park, our staff are there to help and answer your queries.
Pre-book to guarantee your space
Save money and Pre-book ahead of time to guarentee your space on airport or city parking. For more information, click here.
Great value parking isn’t just for Christmas with our Season Tickets
If you’re a regular customer at a particular car park, treat yourself to some extra savings for the year to come with a Season Ticket. You’ll no longer need to worry whether you’ve paid or not. Covering over 80% of our spaces, you have a choice of car parks in key locations across the UK. Buy online.
Christmas airport parking
Whether you’re jetting off to hit the slopes or searching for some sunshine make sure you get your parking sorted before you travel. You can Pre-book your airport parking with us at all major UK airports. Book now while there’s space.
Check out what’s going on in your area
Cities are always bustling during the Christmas period with many events including markets, pantomimes, Winter Wonderlands and many more. Shopping centres will be filled to the brim with people looking for presents. Keep up to date with events in your area and the best places to park for them with our dedicated city Christmas pages.
A few more tips for the festive season
We’ve got parking covered but here are a few tips for the rest of the festive season.
- Make sure you wrap up nice and warm so the winter flu doesn’t get to you.
- Sensible shoes are a must if you’re out all day, especially when it’s icy.
- Make a list, and check it twice. Know what you need for Christmas, nobody wants to be dashing around on Christmas Eve.
- Remember the last day for Christmas post is 18 December for second class and 20 December for first class
- Don’t forget Christmas isn’t complete without a silly Christmas jumper