National Car Parks is an environmentally conscious company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our operations may have on the environment. Our activities include the provision of car parking and associated business administration.
The Board endorses this policy and ensures it is compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company, in conjunction with the Environmental Management Representative are accountable for the effectiveness of the environmental management system (EMS) and are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company and ultimately, that it achieves its intended outcomes.
he Board promotes and is committed to continual improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance. This is facilitated through the setting of documented environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects, compliance obligations and considering our risks and opportunities. Action plans have been set to achieve objectives and are maintained as part of the EMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes. The results of which are communicated to interested parties, upon request.
We are committed to ensuring that the Company:
- Complies with all applicable legal and other requirements including those of our interested parties relative to our operations.
- Provides employees and others with the resources needed for the EMS, including support, direction and encouragement to fulfil the requirements, commensurate with their role.
- Maintains our registration to the environment management standard BS EN ISO 14001: 2015 as defined within the scope of our EMS.
- Strives to integrate the EMS into all business processes.
- Protects the environment, prevents pollution and meets other specific relevant commitment(s).
- Minimises waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Co-ordinates business transport so as to reduce consumption.
- Uses energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- Ensures that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Gives appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
- Works with local businesses, neighbours, partners or suppliers to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
- Supports other relevant management roles to demonstrate leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by our Executive Committee and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy will be archived and are available upon request. This policy statement is available to interested parties, upon request.
Jonathan Scott - Chief Executive Officer