At NCP our main activities include the provision of car parking and associated business administration as detailed within our environmental management system.
This policy is based on the ISO14001 standard to ensure NCP demonstrates its environmental compliance to the required framework.
We adhere to all relevant laws, legislation and compliance obligations that are relevant to our business as well as ensuring we deliver continuous improvement to improve our environmental performance.
As a business we strive to protect the environment and prevent pollution by working closely with our key strategic suppliers.
Our main environmental strategic objective as agreed with the Executive Committee is to deploy innovative technology across the business to reduce NCP’s carbon footprint.
We aim to achieve this by:
- increasing electric vehicles within our fleet which will reduce our carbon emissions;
- improving the lighting used within the estate to use improved technology over a five-year plan, with the aim of reducing the energy used;
- improved dynamic ventilation environmental controls, which will deliver energy efficiencies;
- reducing paper-based activities where practicable across the business;
- moving our customers to app-based parking solutions rather than requiring paper tickets;
- the regular review of our energy performance reporting to tailor our continuous improvement programme to the areas where the biggest savings in carbon emissions can be made; and
- increased recycling facilities and improved reporting to enable NCP to work towards zero to landfill
In line with our vision, we shall bring this policy to the attention of all colleagues, and is available on our website for our customers, contractors and interested 3rd parties.
Colleagues and other organisations are expected to cooperate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
NCP believes that every colleague at every level of the business has a part to play in the implementation of this policy and in helping us achieve our objectives.
This policy will be reviewed and updated annually to ensure that it remains effective and is in line with the business strategic direction.
Co-Chief Executive Officer