At NCP our main activities are the provision of car parking services and associated business administration as detailed within our environmental management system.
This Policy is based on the ISO 14001 standard to ensure NCP demonstrates its environmental compliance to the required framework.
We adhere to all relevant laws, legislation and compliance obligations that are relevant to our business and monitor our environmental performance as part of our continual improvement.
As a business, we strive to protect the environment and decrease pollution by working closely with our clients and key strategic suppliers.
Our main environmental strategic objective as agreed with the Executive Committee is to deploy innovative technology across the business to reduce NCP’s carbon footprint.
We aim to achieve this by:
- installing new barrierless parking equipment across the estate, which removes the requirement for paper tickets and reduces idling time on entry and exit to the car park thus, reducing the carbon emissions by reduced customer wait times;
- increasing electric/hybrid vehicles within our fleet which will reduce our carbon emissions;
- improving the lighting used within the estate to use improved technology over a five-year plan, with the aim of reducing the energy used;
- reducing paper-based activities where practicable across the business;
- moving our customers to app-based parking solutions rather than requiring paper tickets;
- regularly reviewing our energy performance reporting and tailoring our continual improvement programme to the areas where the biggest savings in carbon emissions can be made; and
- increasing recycling facilities and improved reporting to enable NCP to work towards zero to landfill.
In line with our vision, we bring this Policy to the attention of all colleagues. A copy of this Policy will also be available on our website for our customers, contractors and interested parties.
Colleagues and organisations working with NCP are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this Policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
NCP believes that every colleague at every level of the business has a part to play in the implementation of this Policy and in helping us achieve our objectives.
This Policy is reviewed and updated annually to ensure that it remains effective and is in line with the business’ strategic direction.
Co-Chief Executive Officer
National Car Parks Limited