We’re launching ticketless parking in some of our car parks in the coming weeks. Find out below what this means for you and what payment options you’ll have.
What does a ‘ticketless’ car park mean?
Our ticketless car parks operate using an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system. This means that your vehicle registration number is captured when you drive in and out of the car park. This allows us to accurately know your arrival and departure time in the car park. It also means we don’t need entry and exit barriers, so we’ve removed these at ticketless sites to speed up everyones journey. Payment is ticketless, using your registration number instead, to search for your vehicle and parking session cost.
What are the benefits of our ANPR Ticketless car parks?
You pay at the end of your stay - or later online. This means:
- You don’t need to waste time finding the pay machine when you arrive in the car park
- You don’t need to estimate the amount of time you intend to stay with us, with the risk of overpaying for your stay
- You don’t need to take a ticket on entry, carry it around with you or use one to pay
- You can pay online - up to 24 hours after your vehicle has left the car park - if you don’t have the time or means to pay in the car park
How to pay for parking
To pay for you parking, you’ll need to know your vehicle registration number. We use this to record your vehicles entry (and exit) and search for your parking session when you pay.
Choose from the following payment options:
Pay at the end of your stay
To use this option:
1. Find a pay machine in the car park at the end of your stay, and enter and search for your vehicle registration number.
2. The system will find your licence plate and also know when you arrived with us and therefore charge you only for the tariff band corresponding to the time you’ve stayed with us.
3. You’ll be shown details of your parking session for your vehicle. Select to pay for the session.
4. Pay using your debit/credit card and request a receipt if you need one. Sorry, we don’t accept cash.
Pay later online
You must drive out the car park first to use this online payment option. After your vehicle has exited the car park, Visit ncp.co.uk/paylater. Enter and search for your vehicle registration number.
The system will find your licence plate and also know when you arrived with us and therefore charge you only for the tariff band corresponding to the time you’ve stayed with us.
You’ll be shown details of your parking session for your vehicle. Select to pay for the session.
Pay using your debit/credit card and request a receipt if you need one. You must pay within 24 hours of driving out the car park.
Please note: our Pay Later functionality is not compatible with older internet browsers like Internet Explorer. Pay Later does work with most current browsers including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
Please remember to pay later
If you choose to ‘Pay Later’, you won’t receive a reminder from NCP to pay. We don’t have your contact details in relation to your parking session, only your vehicle registration number. If you forget to pay within 24 hours, you’ll be liable to receive a Parking Charge Notice, so it’s important you set yourself a reminder to pay if you choose to Pay Later online.