- What is NCP ParkPass?
- Why can I only use NCP ParkPass at selected car parks?
- What is a Saver deal?
- How do I get a Saver ID and / or activation code?
- How does my 10% discount work? Do I need to do anything to get this discount?
- Is there an expiry date for the 10% discount offer?
- Is there anything replacing the 10% discount offer after this 3 month period?
- Do my other NCP ParkPass benefits change after this 3 month period?
- What offers are currently available to ParkPass customers?
- Can I register more than 1 NCP ParkPass card on the same account?
- How much does NCP ParkPass cost?
- How does NCP ParkPass benefit me?
- What happens if my card doesn’t arrive within the stated 6 days?
- How much notice do I need to provide to cancel my account?
- What do I do if I need a replacement NCP ParkPass card?
- What happens if I forget to use my NCP ParkPass card to enter the car park?
- What happens if I have taken a paper ticket on entry to the car park?
- How do I update my account details, such as address, payment card etc?
- Why can I not use my NCP ParkPass card in your ‘Pay on Foot’ payment machines?
- Can I register the same vehicle on different accounts?
- Where can I use NCP ParkPass?
- Can I use NCP ParkPass with Pre-book or any other NCP product?
- Can I use NCP ParkPass at Airport car parks?
- If I have a Saver deal, will it be available at all the participating NCP ParkPass car parks?
- What happens if I think I have been incorrectly charged?
- What is Pay as You Go (PAYG)?
- What is manual top-up?
- What is auto top-up?
- How do I sign up for auto top-up?
- How long will it take for my top up account to be credited with funds after successful online top up?
- How does a ‘PAYG’ account work?
- How does a ‘Top-up’ account work?
- How quickly does my online account show my parking history and transactions?
- Can I print receipts from my online account?
- Can I change my account type from Top-Up to PAYG (and vice versa?)
- Can I change my Saver ID?
- Can I add a Saver ID to my account?
- How do I change my marketing preferences and update my account details?
- Can I change the email address used for my account?
- What are the Terms and Conditions which apply to NCP ParkPass?
- What notifications do I get from NCP ParkPass and can I control these?
- Can I change my security password on my account?
- What happens if my NCP ParkPass account does not have sufficient funds to pay for my parking session?
- What is the minimum amount I need to add on each top-up occasion?
- Is there a maximum level of top-up and balance that applies to my account?
- What happens if my Auto-top up fails?
- Can I change the credit/debit card registered to my account?
- Can I use either a credit or debit card on my account?
- What is a pre-authorisation charge?
NCP ParkPass is an account based product providing access to selected car parks and automatic, cashless payments.
NCP ParkPass is currently available at over 140 selected car parks. NCP ParkPass operates with specific equipment, which is only installed at some of our sites. Our plan is to increase the number of car parks where NCP ParkPass will be accepted. To keep up to date with new sites as they go live make sure you opt in to receive offers and news. You can also check our list of participating car parks here.
A saver deal is a specially agreed discount given to organisations who want to offer discounted parking rates for their members at specific locations only.
If your organisation has a Saver deal arranged, please speak to the person responsible for the administration of NCP ParkPass for details.
NCP ParkPass has been designed to offer tailored discounted parking to account holders. At all participating car parks, new customers registering from 14 August 2017 will benefit from 10% off the standard tariff, for a period of 3 months following the date of registration. This does not apply at car parks where you have a saver deal in place, where the saver deal rate will prevail. Please note, the 10% discount cannot be used in conjunction with our Early Bird rates or any offer or promotion.
The discount is applied automatically and the lower rate will be charged when you use your NCP ParkPass to pay for your parking.
As you use your NCP ParkPass more often, we intend to offer additional benefits based on your usage and parking behaviour which could result in other discounts as well as the 10%.
Yes, the 10% offer will be available to you for a period of 3 months following the date of your NCP ParkPass registration. This will expire automatically without notification.
We intend to create new additional benefits in the future which are based on your parking history. Make sure you’re signed up to receive news on offers and promotions to hear about these first. We currently have a London offer available on ParkPass, giving customers 6 hours parking for £15 on a week day and 12 hours parking for £15 on a weekend at 20 selected central London car parks. Terms and conditions apply.
No, you’ll still enjoy simpler parking payments including the following benefits:
- use NCP ParkPass to pay at 140+ car parks nationwide
- ticketless access and parking
- automatic and cashless payments
- no more pay machine visits
- your personal online account, including your parking history details
As well as recieving a 10% discount off parking for the first 3 months, we currently have a London offer available on ParkPass giving customers 6 hours parking for £15 on a week day and 12 hours parking for £15 on a weekend at 20 selected central London car parks. Terms and conditions apply.
No, however an individual can register for multiple accounts. We also have a range of other parking products which can be found here.
It’s free to be an NCP ParkPass account holder. You will be liable for any parking costs incurred using NCP ParkPass to enter and exit participating car parks. These costs will be a discount off the standard tariff and charged automatically on exiting the car park. While available, the 10% discount cannot be used in conjunction with our Early Bird rates or any offer or promotion.
NCP ParkPass provides:
- Discounted parking rates, tailored to you
- Automated payment for your parking
- A speedier journey through our car parks compared to ‘paying on foot’. It’s designed for use at entry and exit only.
Use your NCP ParkPass account as often as you like without restriction
We use Royal Mail First Class delivery to send your card and therefore rely on their service levels. If there are no Royal Mail delivery issues, and you have still not received your card after 6 days, please email our customer service team using this form
No notice is needed, you’re able to log onto your account and cancel with immediate effect. Once you’ve cancelled you’ll not be able to enjoy any of your NCP ParkPass benefits.
If you do decide to cancel your NCP ParkPass account, any outstanding balance will be refunded automatically to the credit/debit card linked to your NCP ParkPass account at the time of cancelling.
To request a replacement card log in to your account and visit the ‘Account’ section, and select ‘Replacement Cards’ in the menu.
Replacement cards will be charged at £5.00.
Please note you won’t enjoy any discounted parking rates if you do not have your card with you when parking. A lost card will result in you having to pay full price tariff board rates in the normal way until your replacement card arrives, which will take 6 days from your order.
If you haven’t used NCP ParkPass to enter the car park, you will be required to pay the full tariff for your parking session. Your NCP ParkPass card calculates your parking session cost and the relevant discount, so you’ll not be able to enjoy your discount without using your card.
If you have taken a paper ticket on entry to the car park, you will be required to pay the full tariff for your parking session. Your NCP ParkPass card calculates your parking session cost and the relevant discount, so you’ll not be able to enjoy your discount without using your card to enter and exit the car park.
All of your personal account details can be updated online. Log into your NCP ParkPass account.
NCP ParkPass is designed to improve your parking experience and requires specific equipment in the car park to operate. Only the car parks with this equipment will accept NCP ParkPass.
In actual fact, NCP ParkPass will automate payments for your parking, and you pay from the comfort of your own car at the exit barrier, avoiding the need to queue at the ‘pay on foot’ payment machine. You also don’t need to hunt for coins or other cards to pay.
To pay for your parking at designated sites, your NCP ParkPass card must be inserted on entry and exit to the car park to calculate the cost of your parking session and any discount applicable.
Your vehicle registration number can only be associated with one account. You can add multiple vehicle registrations to the same account, although only one of these vehicles can be ‘parked’ at any one time.
Please visit parkpass.ncp.co.uk to see the full list of participating car parks.
Unfortunately NCP ParkPass cannot be used with other products.
Currently, NCP ParkPass is only available Edinburgh Scotpark (Edinburgh airport) and at selected city locations.
For the best rates at our airport car parks, use NCP Pre-book at www.ncp.co.uk
No, your Saver Deal is only available at the specified car parks in your agreement. If you park at another car park participating in NCP ParkPass, you’ll enjoy 10% off the standard tariff, for 3 months from the date of your registration.
If you believe your NCP ParkPass account is showing incorrect charges, you should notify us immediately, stating which transactions you believe are incorrect. You can email our customer service team using this form
A PAYG account will require you to register a credit/debit card to your NCP ParkPass account. This card will be debited with the cost of your parking on exiting the car park. You must have sufficient funds available on the registered credit/debit card to use NCP ParkPass.
A manual top-up account will require you to load or ‘top-up’ funds onto your NCP ParkPass account. The cost of your parking session will be deducted from these funds each time you exit the car park. You must have a positive balance of funds to use NCP ParkPass.
An auto top-up account will keep a minimum level of funds in your NCP ParkPass account at all times by adding a top-up amount of funds automatically. You need to decide what this minimum level is and also what your regular ‘top-up’ amount will be. Top-ups will be triggered when the account reaches the minimum level you have set. The cost of your parking session will be deducted from your NCP ParkPass account each time you exit the car park. You must have a positive balance of funds to use NCP ParkPass.
When you create your account you have the option to choose a Pay as You Go (PAYG) or Top Up account. If you select Top Up you will then be given the option to top up your account automatically. You can change your account type at any time by logging in at parkpass.ncp.co.uk and going to the ‘Payment Details’ section.
How long will it take for my top up account to be credited with funds after successful online top up?
Once the transaction has been approved by your card issuer the confirmed funds will appear in your NCP ParkPass account, and be available for you to use to pay for your parking immediately.
With a PAYG, account, you need to register a credit/debit card. When you use your NCP ParkPass, the cost of your parking will automatically be charged by debiting the credit/debit card registered to your NCP ParkPass account. You’re responsible for ensuring that the credit/debit card associated to your NCP Park Pass account is valid and has funds available.
There are two types of top up account.
- Manual Top-Up accounts require you to add funds to keep your NCP ParkPass account in balance. Parking costs will be deducted from this balance each time you make park with NCP ParkPass.
- Auto Top Up accounts require you to set an amount which will be added to your NCP ParkPass account to top it up. This will happen automatically when your account balance falls below a level which you also are able to assign.
You can change your account type from PAYG to Auto or Manual top-up (and vice versa) or settings within at any time by logging into your account and going to the ‘Payment Details’ section.
Once you have made a payment using NCP ParkPass it will appear in the ‘Payments and usage’ section of your online account.
You’re able to view and print an account statement in PDF format on the ‘Payments and usage’ section of your online account. This is NOT a VAT receipt.
If you need a VAT receipt, you must request your receipt when you exit the car park by pushing the receipt button.
If you did not receive a receipt for your payment at our car park, and still require one, you can email our customer service team using this form
Yes, just log in to your NCP ParkPass account at parkpass.ncp.co.uk and select Payment Details. You’ll then be able to change your details.
Yes. If you’re given a new Saver ID to directly replace a previous one or you’ve been given a new one from a different organisation. Either way, simply log in to your account and select section 4 – Saver ID and select the ‘Update Saver ID’ button.
Yes. If when you registered you didn’t have a Saver ID but you’re subsequently given one, login to your account and select section 4 – Saver ID and add your new saver deal.
You can log in to your account and via section 1 – Personal details opt in or opt out to marketing at any time. You can also update other account details as such as address, registered cars and payment card details too.
Yes. Log in to your account and and via section 1 – Personal details update your email address.
You can find the ParkPass full Terms and Conditions can be found here. You might also find answers to any questions within these FAQs.
Some notifications are compulsory, but these will only be about important details about your account and its operation, including alerts to let you know that you’ve changed a setting in your account. We will send these notifications via email and SMS at no cost to you,
You can also opt in to receive notifications designed to help you better manage your account. If you want to update or change these preferences, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and via section 5- Notifications Settings.
Yes. Log in to your account, and go to ‘Amend password’ section.
What happens if my NCP ParkPass account does not have sufficient funds to pay for my parking session?
It’s your responsibility to ensure you have sufficient funds available in your NCP ParkPass account to pay for your parking. If not, on arrival at the exit barrier, the barrier won’t raise after you insert/scan your card. You’ll need to push the Help button to speak to our Customer Contact team.
All top ups (including your initial one, and all manual and auto top ups) have a minimum of £10.
The maximum balance your account can hold is £200.
You’ll be notified ( by email or text) that your top up has failed, and that you’ll need to check your payment methods are still functioning e.g. your credit/debit card is still valid. It’s up to you to then restore your NCP ParkPass account to a sufficient balance to allow you to pay for your next parking session.
Yes. You can change the credit/debit card registered to you account at anytime. Log in to your account and update this via section 3 – Payment details.
Yes. There are no charges for use of either card.
This is a normal process so that we can validate your credit/debit card. We will process a pre-authorisation transaction for 1p, to check the card. The transaction will not show on your card statement and will not be deducted from your account.