During the Coronavirus pandemic, we’ve been pleased to offer free parking at our car parks across the UK. We said we would review this offer as lockdown rules are relaxed and after 11 weeks, we’re sorry to advise that the free parking offer will end at midnight on 7 June.
This has been a difficult decision for us, but like many businesses affected by the pandemic, we need to ensure our business moves back to a more normal trading arrangement to rebuild our financial stability as lockdown rules continue to relax.
We already work with many NHS Trusts to offer special terms for NHS staff and have deals in places across many of our car parks, so from Monday 8th June these deals will continue to be available on the same terms.
If you’re a NHS worker or a NHS Trust interested in finding out more about the parking offers that NCP has available, email [email protected] with your contact and NHS Trust details and one of our Commercial team will get back in touch.
Gatwick Airport South Terminal Short Stay
For any NHS Heroes needing to park at Gatwick Airport, free parking will be available at the South Terminal Short Stay car park until midnight on 7 June 2020. There’s no need to pre-book this offer. Simply take a ticket on arrival and park as normal. When you’re ready to leave, drive to the exit barrier and press the intercom to speak to Customer Services who will ask for your ID badge number before raising the barrier to allow free exit.
Important information about free parking scheme for NHS Heroes available until midnight 7 June
- Offer is only available to pre-book online via the NCP website
- Offer valid for bookings and exits up to 7 days in advance of booking date
- Bookings can be made any time up to one hour before arrival into a NCP operated car park
- Offer code will provide 100% discount on pre-booked parking at the car park locations listed on the website
- This offer applies to new bookings only and cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with NCP ParkPass or Season Ticket products.
- No limit to the number of bookings customers can make
- Limited time offer and subject to availability
- Only one entry and one exit are permitted per booking made
- Both car park and pre-book NCP terms and conditions apply
Free parking at other car park locations
At the following car parks below, free parking is available to anyone needing to park at these sites. There's no need to pre-book these sites, you can simply enter and exit as required. The availability of these car parks on a free basis will be reviewed on a weekly basis and may change. Please check this page regularly for the most up to date information
|London Bridge||Loughborough The Rushes||Stockport Exchange Railway Road||Stockport Exchange Short Stay 1||Stockport Merseyway Redrock|
1 - What measures is NCP taking to ensure customers and staff remain safe during the Coronavirus crisis?
The safety of our customers and staff is of paramount importance. Learn more about the steps we're taking.
2 - Why am I getting a message that the car park I want to pre-book is unavailable?
This message will only appear if the car park you’re searching for based on the date and time range entered is full and unable to take any more advance bookings or your date range goes beyond midnight on 7 June 2020. If that situation arises, we’ve set up our website to show you alternative car parks that have availability, some of which may be included in the free NHS parking promotion. As the car parks are being booked in real time the availability is changing continuously. Our Customer Services team can’t access which car parks have availability on selected dates so won’t be able to help with provide this information, so please avoid contacting them to check this.
3 - How long is this free parking offer on for?
Free parking offer will end at midnight on 7 June 2020
Other important information about our car parks
During the lockdown period, we’re taking steps to make sure our staff and customers are safe as possible. Please be aware of the following
- Please note, the FREE parking for NHS Heroes scheme may not apply at rail, airport, shopping centre and hospital car parks we operate on behalf of other companies, so we recommend you check signs at the car park as to what if any offers might be available. We’re working with our partners at these sites to include them in our offers as soon as possible.
- Lifts where available, will not be operational
- No cash payments accepted – only credit/debit cards or ParkPass App or PayByPhone where available
- Maintain social distancing guidance and stay a minimum of 2m apart from our staff and other customers in the car park
- Our staff will be wearing protective clothing whilst in the car park completing their duties
- If you have an emergency or need assistance whilst in the car park you can call our Customer Services team on 0345 050 7080 – lines are open 24/7
Closed car parks
Unfortunately, we’ve had to close some car parks which are listed below. Where possible we’ve suggested the nearest alternative car park for you to park at.
|Car parks currently closed||Nearest alternative car park|
|Belfast City Quays||Belfast Montgomery Street|
|Birmingham Grand Central||Birmingham New Street|
|Bournemouth BH2||Bournemouth The Square|
|Bristol Prince Street||Bristol Queen Charlotte Street|
|Bromley Travelodge||No alternative available|
|Crawley Kingsgate||Crawley Boulevard East & West|
|Dumfries Southergate||No alternative car park|
|Dundee Bank Street||Dundee Willison Street|
|Dundee Marketgait||Dundee Willison Street|
|Manchester Great Northern Warehouse 1||Manchester Great Northern Warehouse 2|
|Manchester Piccadilly Plaza||Manchester Chorlton Street|
|Portsmouth Cascades||Portsmouth Market Way|
|Stafford Guildhall||Stafford Water Street|
|Wokingham The Plaza||No alternative available|